To maximize your tax refund, please use this checklist to make sure you have all your income slips and receipts.
Your Income Tax Slips
Your Income Tax Deductions Slips and Receipts
- RRSP deduction if you made RRSP contribution
- Child care expense if you pay someone to look after your child
- Support payment made if you pay your ex-spouse
- Interest expenses if you pay interest to earn income from investment.
- The declaration of conditions of employment form signed by your employer if you can deduct your employment expense.
- If you have rental income, please use the rental income income tax preparation checklist to deduct your expense.
- If you are self-employed, please use the self-employed income tax preparation checklist to deduct your expense
- If you have moving expense, please use the moving expense checklist to deduct your expense.
- If you have incorporated your business, please use the corporation income tax preparation checklist to deduct your expense.
Your Income Tax Credits Receipts
- Your rent or property tax payment amount
- Medical expenses
- Monthly transit passes
- Children’s fitness amount with a maximum of $500 per child.
- Children’s arts amount with a maximum of $500 per child.
- Adoption expenses if you adopt a child
- Interest paid on your student loans
- Tuition, education, and textbook amounts(T2202A)
Other Documents and Questions
- Your last year notice of assessment
- Did you purchase a home last year and you don’t own another home in any of the four preceding years?
- Do you have any family members (other than your child) who are depended on you and reside with you?
- Are there any family members who are under disability and get a Disability Tax Credit Certificate from Canada Revenue Agency?
- Do you spend money on your home renovation to make your home safer and more accessible to seniors? (Ontario Healthy Homes Renovation Tax Credit)
You can download the Income Tax Preparation Checklist