- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: 30-40k first year, $20-$25/hour
To be a successful tax professional, you need to
- Finish 10 assignments in 30 days.
- Prepare personal and business income tax returns for 500 families under supervision.
- Work independently to serve another 500 families.
- Provide customer service all year round.
- Create, improve and maintain marketing materials and campaigns.
Skills, Knowledge, and Personalities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Passionate and energetic
- Be able to work with numbers
- Be eager to learn
- Good communication skill
- Have an excellent English copywriting skill
College or University
No required, but you have to learn quickly. You will have to finish 10 assignments before starting working as a tax prefessional.
Please send your resume and cover letter to info@incomeTaxOttawa.ca, thanks.
Below is the outline of the assignements. You will get related tax files and instructions after interview. You need to use your laptop to pratice and finish all these 10 assignments before starting work here.
It is a challenge.
You will be given directions and answers of your questions, but mostly, you need to learn by yourself.
Assignment 1 – Prepare a basic tax return for a single person with tax slips T4, T4E, T5, RRSP.
- Learn how to use the tax software.
- Study tax summary, tax return page 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Understand tax concept – taxable income, tax deductions and tax rates.
Assignment 2 – Prepare a basic tax return for a single person with dependents
This client is a single mother with a 3 year old daughter. She has a T4, T2202A, T4A, donation, medical expenses and rental payment.
- Study schedule 1, understand tax credits.
- Study schedule 5, understand eligible dependent tax credits.
- Study Schedule 6, understand working income tax credits.
Assignment 3 – Prepare basic tax returns for a family with kids.
This family has T4s, T2202A on low income spouse, RRSP on low income spouse, daycare, child fitness, medical and donation.
- Learn how to optimize family tax credits ( medical, donation, spousal credits, and tuition credits transfer)
Assignment 4 – Prepare basic tax returns for senior family
This family has T4A, T4A(P), T4A(OAS), property tax, medical and donation.
- Learn how pension income split works for senior couple ( medical, donation, spousal credits, and tuition credits transfer)
Assignment 5 – Prepare a tax return with rental income
- Learn how to claim rental income and expenses – Form T776
Assignment 6 – Prepare a tax return with self-employment business income
- Learn how to claim business income – Form T2125
Assignment 7 – Prepare a tax return with moving expenses and employment expenses
- Learn how to claim moving expenses – Form T1(M)
- Learn how to claim employment expenses – Form T777
Assignment 8 – Prepare HST return, payroll deduction, understand notice of assessment / reassessment , Auto-fill and make tax adjustment.
- File HST return.
- Calculation payroll deduction
- Learn to understand Notice of Assessment / Reassessment
- Learn how to make tax adjustment
- Learn to use auto-fill tax return
Assignment 9 – Prepare tax return for a Quebec Family
- Understand Quebec Tax
Assignment 10 – Prepare a corporation tax return T2
- Study corporation tax T2 page 1, 2, 3, 8
- Study Income statement S125
- Study Balance sheet S100