Authorize or cancel your tax representative

Your tax account information is confidential. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) need your authorization if you want the CRA to deal with your tax preparer or accountant who would act as your representative for income tax matters.

How your tax representative can help you.

The CRA’s secure online services make it easier for your tax representative to access your tax information online.

Services that your tax representative can do on behalf of you

  • Use the Auto-fill tax return program launched by the CRA in 2016 to automatically fill in portions of your tax return
  • Access your tax information slip – T4, T4A, T4A(P), T4A(OAS), T4E, T4RSP, T4RIF, T5007, T3, T5, T5008 and RRSP Contribution Receipt
  • View Home Buyers’ Plan and Lifelong Learning Plan
  • View carryover amounts
  • View benefits and credits
  • View account balance and statement of account
  • View carryover amounts
  • View disability tax credit
  • View installments
  • View returns and notices of assessment and reassessment
  • View RRSP
  • Change your tax return
  • Submit documents

Services that your tax representative can NOT do on behalf of you

  • View or update your addresses or telephone numbers
  • Apply for child benefits
  • Arrange your direct deposit
  • Change your marital status
  • View and update children in your care

How to cancel the authorization

You can immediately cancel an existing authorization by using My Account or by calling the CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

You can also cancel an existing authorization by completing parts 1, 4, and 5 of Form T1013, Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative.